Choosing The Best Inpatient Rehab Center For Yourself Or A Loved One
With thousands of alcohol and drug rehab centers in the U.S., it can be difficult to for a person to choose which one to attend for addiction treatment.
Some key factors may affect where a person attends treatment, such as whether they want inpatient treatment or an outpatient program, whether they need detoxification, and what kind of treatment approach they’re seeking.
Inpatient addiction treatment is the most comprehensive form of addiction treatment, and the most effective. For those looking for a trustworthy rehab center, it can be difficult to separate the credible ones from the non-credible ones.
The following list of the 10 best rehab centers in the U.S. was compiled of the core components which make up an excellent, well-established, and effective drug and alcohol rehab program. AddictionResource.net is not affiliated with the following facilities. This article is intended to be used as an education resource only.
1. Ascension Brighton Center For Recovery, Michigan
The Brighton Center for Recovery was the first established alcohol and drug rehab center in Michigan and the second in the United States. With over 60 years of experience in treating drug and alcohol addiction, this rehab center recognizes that addiction often requires long-term management.
The facility offers a variety of programs to meet the needs of participants, including inpatient, outpatient, prevention, and long-term recovery programs.
In addition to traditional and evidence-based therapy, counseling, and other treatments, Brighton Center For Recovery offers:
- friends and family program
- intervention support
- alumni aftercare resources
- a range of ongoing resources for the addiction treatment community
2. Harmony Foundation, Colorado
Harmony Foundation is a residential rehab center which offers a comprehensive treatment plan for program participants. The residential program here provides a clinical assessment, medical evaluation and detox, residential rehab, and continuing care.
In addition to co-ed residential programs, there is also a specialized program for young adults. For those who need treatment during relapse, a Recommitment to Recovery program is also available.
At Harmony, they recognize the need for a strong support system in recovery, so an intensive family program is a large component of their rehab programs.
3. Caron Treatment Centers, Pennsylvania
Caron Treatment Centers offer addiction treatment at several locations in Pennsylvania and Florida. The Carf-accredited programs include inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, detoxification, family education, and a Breakthrough program.
Programs at Caron are customized to the individual, and the facility offers a number of specialized programs. These include programs for youth, young adults, LGBTQ friendly, relapse treatment, opioid addiction management, and specialized treatment for executives, healthcare professionals, and legal professionals.
4. Alo House Recovery Centers, California
Alo is Joint-Commission accredited, and offers luxury rehab programs which follows both holistic and non-12-step approaches. While Alo does not discourage the 12-step approach, and actually welcomes individuals to participate in meetings, the rehab center recognizes that not everyone will identify with this recovery approach.
Alo strives to provide a customized treatment experience for all its program participants. Addiction treatment here involves:
- individual and group therapy
- medically supervised detox
- holistic treatment
- recreational therapy
The rehab center also provides yoga, trips to the gym, an onsite chef, and other amenities.
5. Valley Hope Of Chandler, Arizona
Valley Hope is a 55-bed, Joint-Commission accredited facility which provides both residential and partial hospitalization (day) treatment programs for those in recovery from addiction. Services are available for adults ages 18 and older.
Programs at Valley Hope may include a variety of treatments, such as:
- medically-supervised detoxification
- individual, group, and family therapy
- medication-assisted treatment
- behavioral therapy
- participation in 12-step support groups.
Valley Hope aims to offer addiction treatment to any and all who need it, providing its unique Fly to Recovery program—a program which will provide flight tickets from anywhere in the United States to those who enter their recovery program.
6. Ashley Addiction Treatment, Maryland
Ashley Addiction rehab centers offer a range of addiction treatment programs, including residential treatment at its main campus in Havre de Grace and intensive outpatient programs at its sister locations in Bel Air and Elkton.
Services offered at Ashley are comprehensive and the rehab center is Joint-Commission accredited.
Men, women, and young adults can access a customized program which may include a combination of the following:
- gender-specific treatments
- family therapy and education
- relapse programs
- medical detox,
- holistic treatments
- continued care
- relapse prevention
- much more
7. Cirque Lodge, Utah
Cirque Lodge offers a unique recovery experience with its serene location in the Rocky Mountains. Individuals in treatment here can enjoy the surrounding natural beauty while receiving care for dual diagnosis, trauma, substance abuse and addiction, detoxification, and more.
The Cirque Lodge is accredited by the Joint Commission and provides:
- evidence-based therapies
- cognitive behavioral therapies,
- trauma-informed therapy
- continued care
- extensive alumni support network
Staff here are experienced and certified, and medical services are available 24 hours a day.
8. The Treehouse, Texas
The Treehouse provides addiction treatment with a multidisciplinary approach. Inpatient rehab programs here are customized according to individual need. There are men’s only programs, women’s only programs, evidence-based and traditional treatments, and wilderness rehab.
The Treehouse is set on a serene 40 acres, a natural setting which promotes healing. An accredited rehab center, it offers a wide range of treatments in its programs including:
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- dialectical behavioral therapy
- motivational interviewing
- medication-assisted therapy
- stress management
- equine therapy
9. Cumberland Heights, Tennessee
Cumberland Heights is an addiction recovery center with more than 50 years of experience in treating those with substance use disorders. Situated on the banks of the Cumberland River, this rehab center offers both inpatient and outpatient programs for young adults, men, and women.
Gender-specific rehab programs are also available, as well as family care and sober living housing. Programs are completely customized, and offer a wide array of treatments. Just a few of these include counseling, individual and group therapy, family education, medical detox, 12-step group meetings, expressive therapies, and more.
10. Silver Hill Hospital, Connecticut
Silver Hill Hospital provides inpatient treatment for both youth ages 13 to 17 and adults. Residential treatment programs include treatment for substance use disorders, and co-occurring eating disorders, personality disorders, and other mental health disorders.
Silver Hill Hospital offers a strong focus on healing the psychological and mental side of addiction.
Evidence-based therapies are a strong component in the inpatient programs and include:
- dialectical behavior therapy
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- electroconvulsive therapy
- medication-assisted therapy
- much more
Choosing The Best Rehab Centers In The U.S.
Choosing an excellent rehab center with a program that fits your individual needs can be difficult. Finding worthy information about credible alcohol and drug rehab centers may seem like a daunting task. The list above was compiled based on a number of factors—components which are proven to lend to a lasting recovery and effective addiction treatment experience.
Excellent components of an inpatient rehab center which contribute to a lasting recovery include:
- Joint Commission (JCAHO) Accreditation this shows that the rehab center has been awarded the highest level of treatment excellence within the industry.
- Experienced staff: having a staff that is licensed, experienced, and dedicated to each person’s recovery is highly important to recovery success.
- Evidence-based therapy: these treatments are the most cutting-edge, highly effective forms available.
- Individualized treatment programs: each person comes to addiction treatment with unique needs, which must all be addressed at the same time for maximum effectiveness.
- Co-occurring (Dual Diagnosis) disorder treatment: more than half of all individuals with substance use disorders also have co-occurring disorders, so it’s critical that rehab centers provide treatment for them.
- Positive alumni reviews: the best rehab centers have an extensive alumni network, provide events to bring together alumni, and boast highly positive reviews from former program participants.
How To Choose The Best Rehab Program For Yourself Or A Loved One
Choosing the best rehab center for your needs may seem complicated with the number of facilities available in the U.S. However, when using the right selection criteria, the process can be made much easier.
Finding a rehab program that directly matches your needs will afford you the greatest opportunity to enter a lasting recovery journey. Learn more about the best rehab centers in the U.S. and the programs they offer by contacting a treatment specialist today.