Residential treatment for substance use disorder and mental health issues is available at an Alaska men’s rehab center.
These programs typically feature evidence-based treatment, a range of therapy methods, peer support, and other services.
List Of Men-Only Addiction Treatment Centers In Alaska
We’ve selected two of the top-rated drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers in Alaska that provide men-only treatment, or some gender-specific services.
Features of the programs below include:
- positive client reviews
- high Google ratings
- other important selection criteria
1. Adult & Teen Challenge, Wasilla, Alaska
This is a 12- to 18-month substance abuse treatment program in Wasilla, AK for boys and men only.
Aspects of the inpatient treatment program include:
- residential treatment
- faith-based addiction recovery
- individual and group biblical studies and work projects
- treatment targeted at adolescents, young adults, and adults
Treatment services here are backed by a 5-star Google rating and positive client testimonials.
Location and contact information:
560 S. Knik-Goose Bay Rd.
Wasilla, AK 99654
Find a men's-only treatment program today.
Call to be connected with a treatment specialist. 100% Free and Confidential.(844) 616-3400
2. Set Free Alaska, Wasilla, Alaska
This is a men-only residential program that provides individualized treatment plans with individual and group therapy.
Set Free Alaska is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and rated 3.4 stars on Google.
Recovery services at this rehab facility include:
- inpatient treatment
- treatment for adult men and men with children
- co-occurring disorder treatment for men with a dual diagnosis
- trauma-informed treatment
- case management services
- continuing care
The recovery center accepts private health insurance, Medicaid, and offers a sliding scale fee for qualifying clients.
Location and contact information:
7010 E. Bogard Rd.
Wasilla, AK 99654
Benefits Of Men-Only Drug Rehab Centers In Alaska
There are many benefits of behavioral health services for men only, including programs that deal with mental health issues, opioid abuse, alcohol addiction, and illicit drug use.
The following are some of the advantages of gender-specific treatment options:
- without women present, men might feel more comfortable opening up about issues related to addiction or mental health
- men-only addiction and mental health care programs focus on men’s issues, such as masculinity, providing for a family as a man, societal views, and toughness
- drug treatment programs for men emphasize peer support, building bonds between men in recovery
- mental health services are tweaked to meet men’s recovery needs, such as addressing common disorders that co-occur with substance use disorders
Drug Addiction Treatment Methods In Men-Only Rehab Programs
You can find faith-based treatment facilities, evidence-based behavioral therapy programs, and more for men only in Alaska.
You can expect to find drug and alcohol treatment methods such as:
- behavioral therapy: Men’s rehab centers in Alaska typically provide individual and group therapy, trauma-informed care, and cognitive behavioral therapies.
- male-oriented language: Body language, colloquial language, and other communication styles are all taken into account to provide treatment that men respond well to.
- holistic treatment: Some rehab centers for men in Alaska will use holistic treatments, such as recreation and work therapy.
- dual diagnosis treatment: Many men have co-occurring disorders and Alaska men’s rehab centers may provide treatment and support groups for dual diagnoses.
FAQs For Men’s Rehab Centers In Alaska
Below we’ve answered a few of the most commonly asked questions about men-only rehab centers in Alaska.
Can I Get Men-Only Outpatient Treatment In Alaska?
Alaska outpatient programs and intensive outpatient programs are typically co-ed. Most of the gender-specific programs for men are inpatient or residential.
Do Men’s Rehab Centers In Alaska Offer Medical Services?
Most men-only treatment providers in Alaska offer non-medical care. This means you may need to obtain detox services or medication-assisted treatment services at a co-ed program.
What Payment Options Are Accepted At Men’s Rehab Centers In Alaska?
Men’s rehab centers accept private health insurance, self-payment, and state-funded health insurance, such as Medicaid and Medicare.
You may also be able to pay on a sliding scale or get financial assistance.
Find A Men-Only Addiction Treatment Program In Alaska
Residential treatment for substance use disorder and mental health issues is available for men at an Alaska men’s rehab center.
We’re here to help you find the right treatment program. Call our helpline today to learn more about addiction recovery options.
Published on December 15, 2021
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Pew Research Center — Americans see different expectations for men and women
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator