Men and women often experience addiction and addiction recovery differently.
For example, women are more likely to get treatment for dependence on sedatives, whereas men more frequently seek help for alcohol addiction or addictions to illicit drugs and painkillers, such as opioids.
For this reason, Delaware offers some substance abuse treatment services for men only, targeting their behavioral therapies and treatment approaches to meet men’s recovery needs.
List Of Men-Only Rehab Facilities In Delaware
In Delaware, men’s rehab programs are often backed by top qualities such as accreditation, certification, memberships, and high Google ratings.
We’ve selected two drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers in the state that feature these credentials and others.
1. Championing Optimal Recovery Advancing Self-Sufficiency (CORAS), Harrington, Delaware
This is a level four men’s residential recovery program in Harrington, DE.
CORAS also offers the following treatment options in Delaware:
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid abuse in Dover, DE
- women’s residential treatment in Wilmington, DE
- outpatient programs in Newark, DE
Top features of this gender-specific drug rehab center include evidence-based recovery programs and positive Google ratings.
Location and contact information:
1 E. St.
Harrington, DE 19952
Find a men's-only treatment program today.
Call to be connected with a treatment specialist. 100% Free and Confidential.(844) 616-3400
2. Gaudenzia, Claymont, Delaware
This addiction treatment provider offers a wide range of care, including outpatient programs, inpatient and residential treatment programs, detoxification, and gender-specific treatment.
At Gaudenzia, men’s drug rehab services involve:
- specialized men’s care
- one-on-one counseling
- medication-assisted treatment during detox
- sober living
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
Trusted qualifications of this drug addiction treatment center include:
- accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- evidence-based treatment
- state funding
Location and contact information:
3901 Philadelphia Pike
Claymont, DE 19703
Benefits Of Men-Only Addiction Treatment Centers In Delaware
When you consider social factors, environmental factors, childhood upbringing, stigma, and other important issues, it’s evident that men and women have different recovery needs.
One of the primary benefits of a men’s drug and alcohol treatment program in Delaware is the ability to recover with other men who understand one another’s battles with mental health and addiction.
Men’s drug and alcohol rehab programs encourage group camaraderie, vulnerability, and open discussion of men’s issues. These factors promote common ground and understanding between men in recovery.
Other benefits of men’s treatment facilities include:
- less distraction from recovery goals
- elimination of stigma about going to a rehabilitation center
- gender-sensitive treatment approaches
- individualized recovery plans
- common ground with communication styles
Treatment Methods In Men-Only Rehab Programs
Many of the levels of care offered at men’s rehab centers are the same as those for women, such as drug and alcohol detox and residential treatment. Yet men’s rehab programs are tweaked to meet men’s recovery needs.
Treatment providers in the state of Delaware may employ some of the following methods:
- treatment focused on strength and courage: Some men may view going to treatment as a failure, but these rehab centers will take the time to reframe this as a sign of strength.
- men’s language: A treatment provider may also consider the type of verbal and body language men respond to and use methods that reflect those styles.
- men’s values: Men’s rehab centers will discuss men’s values in relation to addiction and treatment, such as financial success, toughness, leadership, and being family-oriented.
- behavioral therapy: Behavioral therapies, such as dialectical behavioral therapy and therapies treating a dual diagnosis, are typically very effective in men’s rehab centers.
FAQs For Men’s Treatment Centers In Delaware
Find information about men’s recovery centers in Delaware, including payment options, treatment services provided, and more.
❓ Is A Delaware Men’s Rehab Center A Good Place To Get Sober?
✔️ A men’s rehab center is a good place to get sober as there are many medication-assisted treatment and detox programs to ease the symptoms of withdrawal.
These facilities also typically provide varying levels of care to meet any client’s recovery needs.
❓ How Do I Pay For Rehab Services At A Men’s Treatment Center In Delaware?
✔️ In Delaware, you can use private health insurance, Medicaid, or Medicare to cover addiction treatment programs, depending on the facility.
❓ What Levels Of Care Are Offered At Delaware Men’s Addiction Treatment Facilities?
✔️ For part-time care, you can enroll in an outpatient program, IOP, PHP, and medication-assisted treatment.
You can also find residential and inpatient treatment programs for men only in Delaware.
Find A Men-Only Rehab Center In Delaware
In Delaware, men’s rehab programs offer a full continuum of care with gender-specific treatment services, therapies, and housing.
If you or your loved one are ready to find a recovery center, call our helpline and get a free referral today.
Published on December 15, 2021
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Pew Research Center — Americans see different expectations for men and women