Delaware offers some substance abuse treatment services for men only, targeting specific behavioral therapies and treatment approaches to meet men’s individual needs.
Typically, men-only addiction treatment centers will provide evidence-based services such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT), detoxification, behavioral therapy, and aftercare services.
List Of Men-Only Rehab Facilities In Delaware
The following drug rehab centers in Delaware were selected based on criteria such as accreditation status, Google reviews, client testimonials, and other marks of quality.
1. Championing Optimal Recovery Advancing Self-Sufficiency (CORAS), Harrington, Delaware
This is a Level IV men’s residential recovery program in Harrington, DE, about 17 miles from Dover.
Treatment options include:
- MAT for opioid use disorders
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- relapse prevention
The top features of this gender-specific drug rehab center include positive testimonials from past clients and evidence-based recovery services.
Location and contact information:
5 E. St.
Harrington, DE 19952
2. Redemption Addiction Treatment, Wilmington, Delaware
Redemption Addiction Treatment offers a men’s drug rehab program in Wilmington, DE. Treatment services include behavioral therapy, dual diagnosis treatment, and relapse prevention.
This addiction recovery center is backed by a 5-star Google rating and positive feedback from past clients.
Location and contact information:
1819 Newport Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19808
Benefits Of Men-Only Addiction Treatment Centers In Delaware
When you consider social factors, environmental factors, childhood upbringing, stigma, and other important issues, it’s evident that men and women have different recovery needs.
One of the primary benefits of a men’s drug and alcohol treatment program in Delaware is the ability to recover with other men who understand one another’s battles with addiction.
Men’s drug and alcohol rehab programs encourage group camaraderie, vulnerability, and open discussion of men’s issues. These factors promote common ground and understanding.
Other benefits of men’s treatment facilities include:
- less distraction from recovery goals
- reduced stigma about going to a rehabilitation center
- gender-sensitive treatment approaches
- individualized recovery plans
- common ground with communication styles
Treatment Methods In Men-Only Rehab Programs In Delaware
Many of the levels of care offered at men’s rehab centers are the same as those for women, such as drug and alcohol detox and residential treatment.
Other common behavioral health services include:
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- methadone maintenance
- medical detox
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- outpatient treatment for Delaware adults
- long-term or short-term inpatient treatment
- co-occurring disorder care
- support groups
- group, individual, and family therapy
- case management
- programs for adolescents and teens
- sober living homes for older adults
- wellness services
What To Expect At A Men’s Addiction Treatment Program In Delaware
While there are several aspects of a rehab facility that are similar for men and women, gender-specific programs will feature some notable differences.
Men can expect the following at a gender-specific program:
- detox centers: Men with moderate to severe substance use disorders may need to go through a period of detoxification before they can begin therapy. If the facility does not offer medical detox, they may be able to provide a referral.
- treatment focused on strength and courage: Some men may view going to treatment as a failure, but these rehab centers will take the time to reframe this as a sign of strength.
- men’s language: A treatment provider may also consider the type of verbal and body language men respond to and use methods that reflect those styles.
- daily group therapy: A rehab program will almost always offer group therapy where men may feel comfortable opening up about their past, their fears, and other vulnerabilities.
- general healthcare services: Many men-only rehab centers will provide general healthcare services to address any ailments that clients may be experiencing during treatment.
- men’s values: Men’s rehab centers will discuss men’s values in relation to addiction and treatment, such as financial success, toughness, leadership, and being family-oriented.
- behavioral therapy: Behavioral therapies, such as DBT, CBT, and mental health disorder treatment, are typically very effective in men’s rehab centers.
- male bonding opportunities: One of the most important benefits of addiction treatment is building a strong peer support network. Men will have the opportunity to socialize with peers and make lasting friendships that will be beneficial in the months and years following treatment.
FAQs About Men’s Addiction Treatment Centers In Delaware
The commonly asked questions below may help you or your loved ones find a men-only rehab facility in the state of Delaware that works for you.
How Do I Pay For Rehab Services At A Men’s Treatment Center In Delaware?
In Delaware, you can usually use private health insurance plans, Medicare, TRICARE, or Delaware Medicaid for addiction treatment to cover the cost of care.
Other payment options may include self-payment, sliding fee scales, scholarships, or payment assistance plans.
Are There Christian Rehab Programs For Men In Delaware?
Yes, there are a handful of Christian drug rehab programs in Delaware that offer gender-specific services for men.
Treatment services at a faith-based recovery program may include Bible study, spiritual counseling, peer support groups, discipleship programs, and more.
Are There Free Addiction Recovery Centers For Men In Delaware?
While free drug rehab centers in Delaware do exist, not all of them offer gender-specific care. Free treatment programs are typically funded through government grants or private donations.
Find A Rehab Center Today
Reach out to AddictionResource.net today for more information about addiction treatment programs.
Updated on April 14, 2023
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Pew Research Center — Americans see different expectations for men and women
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)