Oftentimes, men are more open to the addiction recovery process when they have access to treatments, recovery groups, and peers of the same gender.
In this type of environment, men can freely discuss substance abuse issues, history, mental health concerns, and other issues related to recovery.
In North Dakota, you can find inpatient drug rehab centers and outpatient programs (OP) targeted at men’s recovery.
Men-Only Addiction Treatment Programs In North Dakota
To help you with your search for the right drug and alcohol addiction treatment center, we’ve found the sole treatment center in North Dakota that offers gender-specific care for men.
The drug treatment center below was selected for:
- positive client testimonials
- high Google ratings
- evidence-based treatment
- other important selection criteria
ShareHouse, Fargo, North Dakota
This Fargo, ND behavioral health treatment center has several gender-specific treatment services for men and women.
The following drug addiction treatment options are available here:
- walk-in clinic and assessment
- residential treatment
- outpatient treatment
- mental health clinic
- peer support
- recovery living
They provide gender-specific residential treatment, a men in recovery group, and other services for men.
Trusted features of this substance abuse treatment center include:
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation
- LegitScript certification
- a 3.5-star Google rating
Location and contact information:
4227 9th Ave. S.
Fargo, ND 58103
Benefits Of Men-Only Rehab Programs In North Dakota
A men-only drug and alcohol addiction treatment program can help you or your loved one to recover in the company of other men who understand what it’s like to be a man in recovery.
Here are some of the benefits of going to a men-only treatment facility in North Dakota.
Treatment For Gender-Specific Issues
Chemical dependency counseling services, support groups, day treatment programs, and more will be centered on men’s issues at a male-only rehab center in North Dakota.
North Dakota drug and alcohol rehab centers may discuss topics such as:
- being a father, son, or friend
- assumptions and expectations from their peers, family, and society
- marriage and family issues
- anger management
- co-occurring disorders that typically manifest in men
- ideas of strength, toughness, and hardness
Men-Only Recovery Housing
You can find drug use and alcohol treatment programs with men-only recovery housing. This may include sober living homes or residential treatment housing just for men.
Researchers have found that this level of peer support can improve treatment attendance, increase the effectiveness of the treatment program, and reduce cravings and relapse.
Many men encounter issues with stigma when going to addiction treatment. For some, treatment feels like a failure, something society looks down upon.
In a men-only treatment setting, men are freed from this stigma because they’re all in treatment together, supporting one another.
There are fewer distractions and worries associated with gender-mixed treatment programs, creating a more open and supportive atmosphere for recovery.
Features Of Men-Only Treatment Programs
There are several features of men-only treatment programs for alcohol abuse, illicit drug use, and opioid addiction.
First, you can expect to find a range of care, including:
- short-term inpatient treatment options, such as 30-day programs
- outpatient programs, including partial hospitalization programs or day treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, relapse prevention, and continuing care
- dual diagnosis treatment for anxiety, depression, trauma, mood disorders, and more
Insurance options at North Dakota men’s behavioral health care centers include:
- private health insurance for drug rehab programs
- North Dakota Medicaid coverage for addiction treatment
- tribal insurance
- private pay
FAQs For Men’s Rehab Centers In North Dakota
Learn more about men’s rehab facilities in North Dakota, including information on medical care, length of treatment, and more.
❓ Can I Detox At A Men’s Rehab Center In North Dakota?
✔️ Gender-specific detoxification services are not typically offered in North Dakota. You may choose to get help at a detox center, then enroll in a gender-specific program afterward.
❓ Do North Dakota Men’s Rehab Centers Treat Only Men?
✔️ You may get treatment at a gender-inclusive facility with gender-specific programs, such as men’s recovery housing and support groups.
❓ How Long Is A Men’s Rehab Program In North Dakota?
✔️ Treatment may last anywhere between 30 days and several months, depending on the level of care.
Find A Men-Only Rehab Program In North Dakota
You or your loved one can get men-only rehab services in North Dakota. Reach out to our helpline to find more addiction treatment options for male young adults and adults.
Published on December 17, 2021
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information — Benefits of peer support groups in the treatment of addiction
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- North Dakota Department of Human Services — Medicaid
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator