Specialized treatment is available at a South Dakota men’s rehab program. In this type of drug treatment center, men can recover together without the distraction of mixed-gender groups.
Benefits include gender-specific discussions, peer support, individualized treatment, and much more.
If you or a loved one are ready to overcome drug or alcohol addiction and want to recover alongside peers of the same gender, a men-only rehab program can help.
List Of Men-Only Rehab Programs In South Dakota
We’ve selected the top two addiction treatment facilities in the state of South Dakota that provide men-only substance abuse treatment services.
The drug and alcohol treatment programs below were chosen for:
- positive client testimonials
- high Google ratings
- evidence-based treatment
1. Keystone Treatment Center, Canton, South Dakota
All treatment is gender-specific at Keystone Treatment Center.
They offer a range of care for drug and alcohol abuse, including treatment services such as:
- residential treatment
- treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health conditions
- individual therapy
- group therapy
- family therapy
- experiential therapy
- medication management
- medically monitored detoxification
- outpatient program (OP)
- intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- continuing care
This drug rehab center also provides treatment for adolescents, Native Americans, families, military members, and other specialized groups.
Treatment here is supported by:
- a 4.3-star Google rating
- partnership with the Jason Foundation
- accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) level of care certification
Location and contact information:
1010 E. 2nd St.
Canton, SD 57013
Find a men's-only treatment program today.
Call to be connected with a treatment specialist. 100% Free and Confidential.(844) 616-3400
2. Teen Challenge Of The Dakotas, Brookings, South Dakota
This Brookings, SD substance abuse rehab program is for adult men ages 18 and older. Addiction recovery here involves 16 months of faith-based treatment.
Teen Challenge of the Dakotas features a 4-star Google rating and positive client success stories.
Location and contact information:
600 W. 16th Ave. S.
Brookings, SD 57006
Benefits Of Men-Only Substance Abuse Treatment In South Dakota
Behavioral health and drug addiction treatment centers for men only in South Dakota offer individualized recovery programs and treatment options for men.
Advantages of finding a gender-specific treatment provider include:
- increased comfort: Men are more comfortable sharing their emotions, thoughts, and feelings with other men, creating a better environment for recovery.
- spirituality: Some men-only addiction recovery centers in South Dakota incorporate faith-based elements, encouraging spirituality for men who are connected to faith.
- more specific treatment: Gender-mixed programs may have more generalized topics of discussion and therapy methods, but these treatments are targeted at men’s rehab centers.
- bonds with other men: Whether in a short-term inpatient treatment program or an ongoing outpatient program, men-only treatment creates bonds with others in recovery.
- men-only living arrangements: You can continue your recovery with other men at a sober living home or in a men-only residence.
- communication: Men can discuss substance abuse issues more effectively when they’re with others who communicate similarly, such as in 12-step programs or support groups.
Treatment Programs In Men-Only South Dakota Drug Rehab Centers
You can find several types of treatment programs for men in South Dakota.
Some of these drug and alcohol rehab centers have treatment for men only, and others have gender-mixed facilities with specific treatments for men, such as discussion groups.
Here are a few addiction and mental health services you can find for men in South Dakota:
- Dual diagnosis treatment is available for men with co-occurring disorders, such as addiction and PTSD or addiction and depression.
- Gender-specific residential treatment options provide housing and recovery programs for men only.
- Detox programs can help men safely withdraw from substances such as opioids, alcohol, or illicit drugs.
- Behavioral therapy is used to help men to understand deeper issues behind their substance abuse, such as past trauma, unhealthy coping mechanisms, and triggers.
- Outpatient programs, such as standard OP, aftercare, or IOP allow men to continue working and caring for their families while getting help for mental health and addiction.
FAQs For Men’s Addiction Treatment Centers In South Dakota
Find more information on men-only addiction treatment in South Dakota.
Do Men’s Rehab Centers Offer Free Treatment In South Dakota?
You may be able to find low-cost treatment, but most treatment for men is not free in South Dakota.
Other free programs do exist, such as support groups, Alcoholics Anonymous, and other resources.
Learn about free rehab centers in South Dakota.
How Do I Pay For A South Dakota Men’s Rehab Program?
In South Dakota, you can use self-pay, funding from the state, private health insurance, and other payment options.
Do Men’s Treatment Centers In South Dakota Accept State-Funded Health Insurance?
You may be able to use TRICARE, Medicaid, or Medicare at some treatment centers for men in South Dakota, but not all providers accept this form of payment.
Find A Men-Only Rehab Facility In South Dakota
South Dakota men’s rehab centers are available for you or your loved one to find gender-specific treatment.
To learn more about your options for addiction recovery, call our helpline and get a referral to a rehab center today.
Published on December 17, 2021
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — What is substance abuse treatment?