Specialized treatment is available at a South Dakota men’s rehab program. In this type of drug treatment center, men can recover together without the distraction of mixed-gender groups.
Benefits include gender-specific discussions, peer support, individualized treatment, and much more.
If you or a loved one are ready to overcome drug or alcohol addiction and want to recover alongside peers of the same gender, a men-only drug rehab program can help.
List Of Men-Only Rehab Programs In South Dakota
We’ve selected the top two addiction treatment facilities in South Dakota that provide men-only substance abuse treatment services.
The drug and alcohol treatment programs below were chosen for:
- positive client testimonials
- high Google ratings
- evidence-based treatment
1. Keystone Treatment Center, Canton, South Dakota
All treatment is gender-specific at Keystone Treatment Center.
They offer a range of care for drug and alcohol abuse, including treatment services such as:
- residential treatment
- treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health conditions
- individual therapy
- group therapy
- family therapy
- experiential therapy
- medication management
- medically monitored detoxification
- outpatient program (OP)
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- continuing care
This drug rehab center in Canton, SD, also provides treatment for adolescents, Native Americans, families, military members, and other specialized groups.
Treatment here is supported by:
- a 4.2-star Google rating
- partnership with the Jason Foundation
- accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) level of care certification
Location and contact information:
1010 E. 2nd St.
Canton, SD 57013
2. Teen Challenge Of The Dakotas, Brookings, South Dakota
This Brookings, SD, substance abuse rehab program is for adult men ages 18 and older. Addiction recovery here involves 16 months of faith-based treatment.
Teen Challenge of the Dakotas features a 4-star Google rating and positive client success stories.
Location and contact information:
600 W. 16th Ave. S.
Brookings, SD 57006
Benefits Of Men-Only Substance Abuse Treatment In South Dakota
Behavioral health and drug addiction treatment centers for men only in South Dakota offer individualized recovery programs and treatment options for men.
The advantages of finding a gender-specific treatment provider include:
- increased comfort: Men are often more comfortable sharing their emotions, thoughts, and feelings with other men, creating a better environment for recovery.
- spirituality: Some men-only addiction recovery centers in South Dakota incorporate faith-based elements, encouraging spirituality for men who are connected to faith.
- more specific treatment: Gender-mixed programs may have more generalized topics of discussion and therapy methods, but these treatments are targeted at men’s rehab centers.
- bonds with other men: Whether in a short-term inpatient treatment program or an ongoing outpatient program, men-only treatment creates bonds with others in recovery.
- men-only living arrangements: You can continue your recovery with other men at a sober living home or in a men-only residence.
- communication: Men can discuss substance abuse issues more effectively when they’re with others who communicate similarly, such as in 12-step programs or support groups.
Addiction Treatment Programs In Men-Only South Dakota Drug Rehab Centers
You can find several types of treatment programs for men in South Dakota.
Some of these drug and alcohol rehab centers have treatment for men only, and others have gender-mixed facilities with specific treatments for men, such as discussion groups.
Here are a few addiction and mental health services you can find for men in South Dakota:
- Dual diagnosis treatment is available for men with co-occurring disorders, such as addiction and PTSD or addiction and depression.
- Gender-specific residential treatment options provide housing and recovery programs for men only.
- Detox programs can help men safely withdraw from substances such as opioids, alcohol, or illicit drugs.
- Behavioral therapy is used to help men to understand deeper issues behind their substance abuse, such as past trauma, unhealthy coping mechanisms, and triggers. Therapy approaches may include motivational interviewing or cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Outpatient programs, such as standard OP, partial hospitalization programs (PHP), aftercare, or IOP, allow men to continue working and caring for their families while getting help for mental health and addiction.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) uses methadone or buprenorphine for opioid drug addiction and other forms of chemical dependency.
Many rehab centers will also offer general healthcare services and treatment programs for young adults. Contact the treatment facility’s helpline to learn more.
What To Expect At A Men’s Rehab Program In South Dakota
People who enroll in a gender-specific treatment program in South Dakota will have access to an array of evidence-based, holistic, or faith-based therapies to help in the recovery process.
Before beginning treatment, however, some men will need to undergo a period of medical detox to safely remove any traces of substances from their system.
The detoxification process may last up to a week, depending on the severity of the addiction.
In an inpatient rehab program, men will be required to attend and participate in activities and daily therapy sessions in an individual or group setting.
Men-only programs will also encourage clients to socialize with each other and build lasting friendships that can aid in relapse prevention in the months following treatment.
FAQs About Men’s Addiction Treatment Centers In South Dakota
Below you can find more information on men-only rehab facilities in South Dakota.
Do Men’s Rehabilitation Centers Offer Free Treatment In South Dakota?
You may be able to find low-cost or free addiction treatment in South Dakota, but it is not very common.
Other free programs do exist, such as support groups, Alcoholics Anonymous, and other resources for men.
Do Men’s Treatment Centers In South Dakota Accept State-Funded Health Insurance?
You may be able to use TRICARE, Medicare, or South Dakota Medicaid for substance use treatment, but not all providers accept this form of payment.
Other types of payment options may include sliding fee scales, payment assistance programs, self-payment, and private health insurance plans.
Will A South Dakota Rehab Center Offer Specialized Services For Gay Men?
There are gay-friendly rehab centers in South Dakota, but not all of them offer gender-specific services.
LGBTQ-friendly facilities will address the unique needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people facing addiction.
Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment Today
To learn more about your options for gender-specific addiction recovery, reach out to AddictionResource.net today.
Updated on April 24, 2023
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — What is substance abuse treatment?
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)