Kings County, NY, has a large population with a diverse range of mental health needs.
Many services are available to meet these needs, including rehab centers in Kings County. New York rehab centers offer comprehensive, individualized treatment for long-term recovery.
List Of Kings County, New York’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
The following New York rehab programs offer addiction services in Kings County.
The programs on this list demonstrate marks of quality and credibility, including accreditation status, nonprofit services, and licensure.
1. Community Counseling And Mediation Center (CCM) Alcohol And Substance Abuse Program, Brooklyn, New York
CCM runs a New York outpatient drug rehab center called the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Program (ASAP).
Treatment services are tailored to each client and may include medication-assisted treatment (MAT), counseling, family support, and holistic services.
ASAP is an Article 31-licensed mental health facility.
Location and contact information:
25 Elm Place
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Get Started On The Road To Recovery.
Get Confidential Help 24/7. Call Today!(844) 616-3400
2. Interfaith Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
Interfaith Medical Center is a hospital that offers both physical and mental health services, including substance abuse treatment in Brooklyn, NY.
Its addiction treatment programs include:
- medical stabilization
- outpatient care
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- inpatient treatment
- methadone management
- dual diagnosis services
Interfaith Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, a nonprofit organization that oversees healthcare programs.
Location and contact information:
1545 Atlantic Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11213
3. START Treatment And Recovery Centers, Brooklyn, New York
START Treatment and Recovery offers several drug and alcohol addiction services, as well as other healthcare options.
These services include:
- adolescent addiction care
- hepatitis C and HIV screening
- primary care services
- vocational training
START is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Location and contact information:
937 Fulton St.
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Types Of Substance Abuse Treatment At The Top Rehab Centers In Kings County, New York
Rehab centers in Kings County, NY, offer many addiction treatment services.
In outpatient programs, people receive care during the day, while inpatient programs offer therapy as well as room and board.
Residential programs are similar to inpatient programs, but they often provide more long-term care in a home-like environment. Some offer transitional housing services.
Within these programs, participants may receive different types of addiction therapy.
Some of these types include:
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- motivational interviewing (MI)
- contingency management
- group therapy
- individual therapy
- eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- family therapy
- Matrix Model therapy
- trauma-informed therapy
- rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT)
- relapse prevention and aftercare counseling
Some programs also have addiction detox services, which may provide doctor supervision and treatment as addictive substances leave the body.
Many also offer MAT, providing medications such as methadone and buprenorphine.
Tips For Choosing A Kings County, New York, Drug And Alcohol Rehab Program
When choosing addiction care in Kings County, NY, some specific considerations can help you find the right program.
These considerations include:
- Insurance coverage — Addiction programs often accept private health insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare military insurance, and other payment options.
- Payment assistance — Many rehab centers offer sliding fee scales for people who use self-payment for addiction services.
- Inpatient vs. outpatient care — Some people prefer inpatient treatment, where they stay onsite during their program, while others prefer the flexibility of outpatient treatment.
- Special programs — Some treatment centers offer programs for young adults, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and other specific groups.
- Co-occurring disorders — If you have a mental health condition such as an eating disorder, trauma disorder, or mood disorder, many addiction treatment facilities can provide dual diagnosis care.
- Type of substance use disorder — Some addiction programs treat all types of drug addiction, while others treat a specific type of addiction. For example, many programs focus solely on opioid abuse.
FAQs About Kings County, New York, Alcohol And Drug Treatment Centers
Read on to learn the answers to some frequently asked questions about drug and alcohol addiction treatment in Kings County.
Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment Available In All Kings County, New York, Rehab Centers?
Though it is difficult to determine if all Kings County, NY, addiction programs offer dual diagnosis care, many do.
Treatment for co-occurring disorders in New York gives residents struggling with addiction and other mental health disorders the best results regarding long-term recovery.
Can I Find Free Addiction Treatment In Kings County, New York?
Some Kings County, NY, rehab centers may offer free or reduced-cost addiction care for people who qualify.
Free rehab centers in New York help break down a major barrier to treatment for many people with addiction.
Can My Dog Come With Me To A Kings County, New York, Drug Rehab Center?
It is unlikely that you’ll be able to bring your dog with you to treatment, as it can be difficult for rehab centers to accommodate animals and issues such as noise, allergies, etc.
However, if you’re willing to travel out of state for treatment, there are some pet-friendly rehab centers available.
Find Addiction Treatment Today
Addiction is a complex disorder, but recovery is possible. If you or a loved one is seeking treatment for chemical dependency or substance abuse, contact Addiction Resource today to learn more.
Cities In And Around Kings County, New York:
Published on April 25, 2023
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- New York Office Of Addiction Services And Supports — Types Of Treatment
- Substance Abuse And Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Know The Risks Of Using Drugs
- Substance Abuse And Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Resources For Families Coping With Mental And Substance Use Disorders