Pet-friendly addiction treatment is available in Pennsylvania. You can find residential treatment, detox services, family programs, aftercare, and more.
If you have a pet at home, you can bring your best friend with you to treatment for emotional support while you recover from addiction and/or a mental health disorder.
Pet-Friendly Pennsylvania Rehab Facilities
You can find pet-friendly treatment facilities in Pennsylvania that accept pets at their substance abuse treatment programs.
The pet-friendly drug rehab center below was chosen based on:
- valued memberships
- other trusted features
DreamLife Recovery, Donegal, Pennsylvania
This pet-friendly rehab facility offers treatment options for those with pets who are overcoming addiction and mental health issues.
A few of the evidence-based and animal-assisted therapies include:
- dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders
- equine-assisted therapy
- medical detoxification
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- residential inpatient treatment
- aftercare planning
This addiction treatment program emphasizes the benefits of having our pets in treatment, including:
- a sense of responsibility
- emotional support
- socialization in the recovery process
- improved emotional well-being from unconditional love and the companionship of a best friend
Behavioral health services provided here are backed by Joint Commission accreditation, LegitScript certification, National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) membership, and more.
Location and contact information:
212 Snyder Rd.
Donegal, PA 15628
Get Started On The Road To Recovery.
Get Confidential Help 24/7. Call Today!(844) 616-3400
How To Choose A Pennsylvania Pet-Friendly Drug Rehab Center
To choose the right program, you’ll need to consider your pet’s needs and your needs in recovery from a substance use disorder.
Here are important elements to keep in mind:
- type of pets allowed: The rehab center may only allow certain furry friends, such as dogs or cats, to stay at their drug addiction center, so speak with their specialists to see if you can bring your pet.
- level of drug and alcohol treatment: Decide if you need residential treatment, detox, outpatient treatment, or another program and if you can bring a pet at that level of care.
- types of therapies used: Choose a rehab program that offers animal-assisted therapy, group therapy, family therapy, and other trusted behavioral therapies for recovery.
- private or shared accommodations: Oftentimes, you may only bring an emotional support animal if you have a private room.
Pet-Friendly Pennsylvania Rehab Center FAQs
Find more information about pet-friendly drug and alcohol rehab centers in Pennsylvania.
Can I Get Family Services At A Pet-Friendly Drug Abuse Treatment Center In Pennsylvania?
Family therapy and other services for family members are included at pet-friendly rehab programs in Pennsylvania.
Do Pet-Friendly Pennsylvania Rehab Centers Accept Health Insurance?
Major health insurance plans are accepted at pet-friendly rehab centers in Pennsylvania. However, you cannot use Medicaid or Medicare to cover treatment costs.
Read more about paying for treatment with Pennsylvania Medicaid
Do Pennsylvania Pet-Friendly Rehab Centers Offer Outpatient Programs?
Some services are available on an outpatient basis, but most pet-friendly rehab programs are inpatient or residential.
Learn more about outpatient treatment in Pennsylvania
Find Pet-Friendly Addiction Treatment Centers
If you or a loved one are looking for an addiction treatment environment that allows pets, you can get help in Pennsylvania.
Call our helpline today to learn about more treatment options for mental health and substance abuse.
Published on November 8, 2021
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information — Another Breed of “Service” Animals: STARS Study Findings about Pet Ownership and Recovery from Serious Mental Illness