Pet owners in Tennessee can benefit from animal-assisted therapy and pet-friendly substance use disorder treatment.
A few of the benefits of bringing pets to treatment include:
- improved mental health
- lower blood pressure
- emotional and mental support
- lowered symptoms of co-occurring mental illnesses
- better self-esteem
- unconditional love and support
Our pets have always been there for us, and it doesn’t have to end with an addiction recovery program.
You can take care of your pet throughout the treatment process, which typically includes group therapy, individual counseling, health care services, and treatment for mental health disorders.
Pet-Friendly Tennessee Rehab Centers
You can find pet-friendly addiction treatment centers in Tennessee that allow pets for an improved holistic recovery process.
The rehab center below was chosen for:
- positive Google ratings and client reviews
Recovery Unplugged, Nashville, Tennessee
Recovery Unplugged combines music-assisted therapy with traditional substance abuse treatment programs.
This is a pet-friendly rehab facility that allows furry friends for emotional support in their addiction treatment programs.
Rehab programs in Nashville include:
- medical detoxification
- inpatient drug abuse and alcohol addiction treatment
- intensive outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- case management
Additional pet-friendly drug dependency programs provided by Recovery Unplugged include:
- inpatient treatment in Austin, Texas
- dual diagnosis treatment in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- residential treatment in Lake Worth, Florida
- outpatient programs in Annandale, Virginia
Drug addiction programs here feature Joint Commission accreditation, LegitScript certification, and accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Location and contact information:
255 Wilson Pike Cir.
Brentwood, TN 37027
Find pet-friendly treatment today.
Call to be connected with a treatment specialist. 100% Free and Confidential.(844) 616-3400
How To Choose A Tennessee Pet-Friendly Drug Rehab Center
Choosing the right pet-friendly drug and alcohol rehab program involves careful consideration of a few elements.
Review the following elements in a pet-friendly rehab program:
- level of care: Check to see what level of treatment the rehab center provides for pet-friendly treatment, such as inpatient or outpatient programs.
- pets allowed: Most rehab facilities are dog-friendly and cat-friendly, but if you have a different animal, check with the program to make sure they accept that type of animal.
- continued care options: It’s best to choose a treatment program that offers aftercare, sober living arrangements, relapse prevention, or some other form of continuing care.
Pet-Friendly Tennessee Rehab Center FAQs
As you look for the right place for you and your pet to go for addiction recovery, you can use some of the commonly asked questions below to narrow your search.
Do Tennessee Pet-Friendly Rehab Centers Accept Insurance?
Many Tennessee pet-friendly rehab programs accept major health insurance providers.
Do Tennessee Pet-Friendly Rehab Centers Accept Medicaid?
Pet-friendly rehab centers generally accept private insurance, not Medicaid. However, a number of Tennessee Medicaid rehab centers offer a range of addiction treatment programs.
Can I Detox At A Pet-Friendly Rehab Program In Tennessee?
In Tennessee, you can get inpatient detox services as well as MAT for continued withdrawal management.
Can I Live At A Pet-Friendly Rehab Center In Tennessee?
You can get inpatient residential treatment at a pet-friendly drug rehab program in Tennessee. Many of these rehab facilities offer outpatient treatment as well.
Learn about outpatient rehab centers in Tennessee
Find Pet-Friendly Substance Abuse Treatment
If you or your loved one don’t want to leave your pet at home during treatment, you don’t have to. Tennessee’s inpatient pet-friendly rehab centers allow pets so you don’t have to be separated.
For more information on how to select the right addiction treatment center, call our helpline today.
Published on November 8, 2021
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration — Find Treatment