In Kansas, you or your loved one can find a recovery program with individualized treatment plans that are targeted specifically for men in substance abuse and mental health recovery.
This state is home to a few men-only addiction treatment programs that provide gender-specific group therapy and residential treatment options.
List Of Men-Only Addiction Treatment Facilities In Kansas
For the Kansas treatment centers below, we’ve used a set of qualifying factors for their inclusion on this list. These factors include accreditation, licensure, certification, high ratings on Google, and other quality marks.
1. Douglas County Citizens Committee on Alcoholism (DCCCA) Options Adult Services, Wichita, Kansas
The DCCCA has inpatient and outpatient rehab programs for men and women.
Men’s residential services are available through their Wichita, KS, drug and alcohol treatment program. They also have women’s residential treatment in Lawrence and Wichita, KS.
This behavioral health center is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE).
Location and contact information:
8901 E. Orme St.
Wichita, KS 67207
2. Mirror, Topeka, Kansas
At Mirror, an addiction recovery center in Topeka, KS, there is a 12-person adolescent treatment program for males between 16 and 17 years old.
Mirror is a private, nonprofit organization that is licensed by the state of Kansas and is backed by a 4.9-star rating on Google.
Location and contact information:
226 W. Central
El Dorado, KS 67042
Benefits Of Men-Only Rehab Programs In Kansas
Men and women recover from addiction differently, which is why it’s important to offer treatment for the causes and symptoms of addiction in gender-specific settings.
Here are some of the benefits of male-only drug and alcohol rehab programs.
Individualized Treatment Plans For Men
Men face different social pressures, upbringings, experiences with trauma, triggers, communication styles, and issues than women.
For example, many men in recovery need assistance with family programs, a focus on fatherhood, anger management courses, or employment assistance.
Men’s rehab centers can create individualized treatment plans that target men’s needs in addiction treatment.
Honesty And Vulnerability
It can be hard to open up in a co-ed setting, especially in group therapy. With a men’s substance abuse rehab program, men are encouraged to push past barriers with honesty and vulnerability.
Surrounded by male peers, men in recovery are freed from social pressure or expectations, which aids in the process of recovery.
Focus On Men’s Substance Use Issues
Men and women tend to abuse different substances and at different thresholds. Kansas men’s rehab programs consider this and create programs that men will benefit from most.
For example, men are more likely than women to abuse alcohol and illicit drugs. Some men’s rehab programs have special tracks based on these substances.
Treatment Methods In Kansas Men-Only Rehab Centers
At a Kansas men’s rehab center, you’ll find age-specific treatment, treatment that focuses on mental health, relapse prevention, and more.
Depending on the facility, men’s treatment providers might employ:
- action-oriented treatment: In individual therapy, group therapy, and other programs, treatment specialists will emphasize practical steps to take during recovery.
- male-oriented language: Men and women respond to different types of language during therapy and treatment, so men’s rehab centers use language that men will relate to.
- recreation and activities: Some treatment centers and sober living homes in Kansas offer outdoor recreation, sports, gym access, and other hands-on recovery activities.
- behavioral therapy: You’ll likely find therapy methods such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), family therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, and trauma therapy at a men-only program.
- co-occurring disorder treatment: Some men in recovery have a co-occurring mental health issue, and many treatment providers have targeted dual diagnosis programs.
What To Expect At A Men’s Rehab Center In Kansas
When you attend a men’s rehab center in Kansas, you can expect to find many of the treatment services and approaches listed above.
Some other treatment services at a men-only rehab center may include:
- different levels of outpatient services including an intensive outpatient program (IOP), a partial hospitalization program (PHP), or standard outpatient treatment
- short-term and long-term drug and alcohol addiction treatment
- evidence-based treatment including medical treatments and different therapeutic treatment approaches.
- substance abuse treatment for various substances including alcohol and prescription drugs
- a men-only addiction treatment center may also offer holistic treatments such as wellness education
Residential rehab programs for men may also include recreational facilities or activities like hiking, fitness, fishing, or other activities.
FAQs For Men’s Treatment Centers In Kansas
Find more information about health insurance, peer support, and medical services provided at men’s rehab centers in Kansas.
Can I Detox At A Men’s Treatment Center In Kansas?
Detoxification is not included at most men’s rehab centers in Kansas. However, some programs have MAT services for those overcoming opioid addiction.
Do Kansas Men’s Treatment Programs Accept Health Insurance?
You can find health insurance coverage for an outpatient or residential program, but not all rehab facilities accept insurance.
Some that do may have a limited number of insurance programs that they work with, so it is best to check with the individual rehabilitation center.
Can I Use Medicaid At A Men’s Rehab Center In Kansas?
Some treatment providers may take Medicaid or Medicare, but not all.
Look for Kansas Medicaid rehab centers to find a treatment program that accepts your health plan.
Do Men’s Rehabs Offer Faith-based Treatment In Kansas?
You can find a faith-based treatment center in Kansas that offers support groups, individual counseling, and other treatment services for men.
Do Men’s Treatment Centers Offer Long-Term Treatment In Kansas?
Yes, you can find men-only long-term treatment options in Kansas. Long-term recovery is sometimes needed for men with severe substance use disorder or who have relapsed many times.
Find Addiction Treatment Today
If you or a loved one are battling substance abuse, you can find addiction treatment today. Call AddictionResource.net to learn more about your treatment options.
Updated on April 19, 2023
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information — Engaging Men in Psychological Treatment: A Scoping Review
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator