The state of Kansas is home to a few men-only addiction treatment programs that provide gender-specific group therapy and residential treatment options.
You or your loved one can find a recovery program with individualized treatment plans that are targeted specifically for men in substance abuse and mental health recovery.
List Of Men-Only Addiction Treatment Facilities In Kansas
For the treatment centers below, we’ve used a set of qualifying factors to ensure top-quality addiction treatment.
These qualifiers include:
- positive client testimonials and Google ratings
- evidence-based treatment
- other important selection criteria
1. DCCCA Options Adult Services, Wichita, Kansas
The Douglas County Citizens Committee on Alcoholism (DCCCA) has inpatient and outpatient programs for men and women.
The behavioral health center is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE).
Location and contact information:
8901 E. Orme St.
Wichita, KS 67207
Find a men's-only treatment program today.
Call to be connected with a treatment specialist. 100% Free and Confidential.(844) 616-3400
2. Seventh Direction, Multiple Locations
Here, both men and women are treated for drug use with gender-specific treatment programs in El Dorado and Wichita, KS.
The outpatient treatment center offers:
- substance abuse education
- outpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient services
- assessment and referral services
- co-occurring disorder recovery groups
- family groups
- intervention services
- transportation services
- a recovery home
Drug treatment and addiction recovery programs here are evidence-based and rated 3.8 stars on Google.
Location and contact information:
226 W. Central
El Dorado, KS 67042
3. Sunflower Wellness Retreat, Osawatomie, Kansas
Inpatient treatment and outpatient programs for men are offered at this Kansas drug rehab center.
The recovery center offers treatment services such as:
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- inpatient residential treatment
- mental health treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment
- relapse prevention
- trauma therapy
- family therapy
- recreational therapy
Substance abuse treatment here is backed by:
- certification from LegitScript
- accreditation from the Joint Commission
- a 4.5-star Google rating
Location and contact information:
29875 W 339th St.
Osawatomie, KS 66064
Benefits Of Men-Only Rehab Programs In Kansas
Men and women recover from addiction differently, which is why it’s important to treat the causes and symptoms of addiction in gender-specific settings.
Here are some of the benefits of male-only drug and alcohol rehab programs:
Individualized Treatment Plans For Men
Men face different social pressures, upbringings, experiences with trauma, triggers, communication styles, and issues than women do.
For example, many men in recovery need assistance with family programs, a focus on fatherhood, anger management courses, or employment assistance.
Men’s rehab centers can create individualized treatment plans that target men’s needs in addiction treatment.
Honesty And Vulnerability
It can be hard to open up in a co-ed setting, especially in group therapy. With a men’s substance abuse rehab program, men are encouraged to push past barriers in honesty and vulnerability.
When surrounded by other male peers, men in recovery are freed from social pressure or expectations, and therefore experience greater emotional milestones that aid in the process of recovery.
Focus On Men’s Substance Use Issues
Men and women tend to abuse different substances and at different thresholds. Kansas men’s rehab programs consider this and create programs that men will benefit from most.
For example, men are more likely than women to abuse alcohol and illicit drugs. Some men’s rehab programs have special tracks based on the substance for men in recovery.
Treatment Methods In Kansas Men-Only Rehab Centers
At a Kansas men’s rehab center, you’ll find age-specific treatment, treatment that focuses on mental health, relapse prevention, and more.
Depending on the facility, men’s treatment providers might employ:
- action-oriented treatment: In individual therapy, group therapy, and other programs, treatment specialists will emphasize practical steps to take during recovery.
- male-oriented language: Men and women respond to different types of language during therapy and treatment, so men’s rehab centers use language that men will relate to.
- recreation and activities: Some treatment centers and sober living homes in Kansas offer outdoor recreation, sports, gym access, and other hands-on recovery activities.
- behavioral therapy: You’ll likely find therapy methods such as cognitive behavioral therapy, family therapy, EMDR, and trauma therapy at a men-only program.
- co-occurring disorder treatment: Some men in recovery have a co-occurring mental health issue, and many treatment providers have targeted dual diagnosis programs.
FAQs For Men’s Treatment Centers In Kansas
Find more information about health insurance, peer support, and medical services provided at men’s rehab centers in Kansas.
Can I Detox At A Men’s Treatment Center In Kansas?
Detoxification is not included at most men’s rehab centers in Kansas. However, some programs have MAT services for those overcoming opioid addiction.
Do Kansas Men’s Treatment Programs Accept Health Insurance?
You can use your health care plan at some rehab centers, but not all insurances are accepted at each program.
Can I Use Medicaid At A Men’s Rehab Center In Kansas?
Some treatment providers may take Medicaid or Medicare, but not all.
Look for Kansas Medicaid rehab centers to find a treatment program that accepts your health plan.
Do Men’s Rehab Centers In Kansas Offer Support Groups?
Most men’s recovery programs have some form of peer support, such as a recovery mentorship program, group therapy, gender-specific housing, and more.
Find A Men-Only Addiction Treatment Center In Kansas
You or your loved one can find specialized treatment for addiction, co-occurring disorders, and mental health issues for men in Kansas.
To learn more about your recovery options, call our helpline today for a referral to a top-quality rehab facility.
Published on December 14, 2021
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information — Engaging Men in Psychological Treatment: A Scoping Review
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator