According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), men often go to addiction treatment programs with severe medical, behavioral, psychological, and social problems.
Fortunately, men’s drug and alcohol rehab centers in Wyoming can address these issues and others with gender-specific treatment services.
Typically, treatment options at a men-only rehab program include medication-assisted treatment (MAT), medical detox, behavioral therapy, support groups, and other evidence-based services.
List Of Men-Only Substance Abuse Treatment Centers In Wyoming
The Wyoming rehab centers below were chosen for a range of gender-specific treatment services, positive reviews from past clients, accreditation status, and other accolades.
1. Beartooth Men’s Rehab, Powell, Wyoming
Beartooth Men’s Rehab is a faith-based addiction recovery program in Powell, WY, near Cody.
Christian principles are incorporated into drug and alcohol addiction treatment here with morning prayer, scripture readings, and Christian virtue lessons.
Other types of behavioral therapy offered here include:
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- family therapy
- equine therapy
- experiential therapy
This long-term residential program is backed by positive client testimonials and a 5-star Google rating. Specialized treatment for young adults ages 18 through 30 is also provided.
Location and contact information:
391 Road 1AF
Powell, WY 82435
2. Volunteers Of America (VOA) Northern Rockies The Life House, Sheridan, Wyoming
The Life House is a VOA residential addiction treatment center for men in Sheridan, WY, about 150 miles north of Casper.
Individualized treatment plans here include:
- trauma recovery groups
- one-on-one counseling
- 12-step meetings
- life skills education
The Life House is backed by:
- nonprofit status
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) accreditation
- GuideStar Gold Transparency status
Location and contact information:
1876 S. Sheridan Ave.
Sheridan, WY 82801
Benefits Of Men-Only Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs In Wyoming
Men can benefit from getting individualized treatment plans for drug use and mental health issues.
These benefits include:
- gender-specific inpatient drug rehab services
- a focus on men’s issues, men’s behavioral health concerns, common co-occurring addiction and mental health conditions, and more
- drug rehab centers with a staff of treatment providers trained to provide treatment options that are targeted at men
- sober living, recovery housing, and transitional living programs for men only, where men can recover in a community with one another
- targeted drug treatment programs that center on common substance use disorders, such as opioid addiction, alcohol misuse, meth abuse, and others
Treatment Methods In Men-Only Rehab Programs In Wyoming
While there are generally no short-term or outpatient Wyoming recovery programs for men only, you can find men-only behavioral health services at residential recovery centers.
These drug and alcohol treatment facilities may use:
- behavioral therapy, such as CBT or trauma-informed care
- holistic treatments for addiction, experimental treatments, and work-based therapy
- hands-on treatment for men
- support groups for men, such as faith-based groups or 12-step programs
- methadone maintenance for opioid dependency
- group therapy
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- general healthcare services
- outpatient treatment for Wyoming residents
- medical detoxification
- residential treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders
- relapse prevention
- aftercare services
What To Expect At A Men-Only Rehab Facility In Wyoming
Below are some of the common features you or your loved ones may find in a men’s alcohol and drug addiction treatment center.
Common features may include:
- multiple levels of care, such as inpatient treatment programs and standard outpatient services
- shared or private living accommodations
- access to nutritious meals
- daily group, individual, and family therapy sessions
- outdoor activities to promote team building and camaraderie
- time allotted for socialization with other men in treatment
- personal time for journaling, meditation, and self-reflection
- aftercare planning
FAQs About Men’s Addiction Treatment Centers In Wyoming
Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about men’s treatment for yourself or a loved one in Wyoming.
What Ages Are Treated At Men’s Rehab Centers In Wyoming?
Treatment is available for young men and adults. Most gender-specific treatment providers do not have addiction treatment services for adolescents or children.
How Do You Pay For A Men-Only Treatment Program In Wyoming?
Men’s addiction treatment centers typically only accept self-payment options and usually provide financial assistance, such as through a sliding fee scale.
You may not be able to use your health insurance provider to cover treatment expenses.
Do Men’s Rehab Centers In Wyoming Accept Government-Funded Health Insurance?
Most men’s treatment services are not covered under Medicare or Wyoming Medicaid for substance use treatment.
There are, however, several co-ed rehabilitation centers throughout the state that will take a variety of payment options. Call a facility’s helpline to inquire about insurance coverage.
Are There Christian Drug Rehab Programs For Men In Wyoming?
Yes, there are Christian drug rehab centers in Wyoming that offer men-only treatment. Faith-based services may include Bible study, spiritual counseling, and 12-step programs.
Find An Addiction Recovery Center Today
For more information about gender-specific drug and alcohol treatment, reach out to AddictionResource.net today.
Updated on April 26, 2023
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Wyoming Department of Health — Find Treatment