People in Montgomery County, OH, have a number of options for substance abuse treatment that can help them achieve and maintain sobriety.
Drug and alcohol rehab centers in Ohio offer comprehensive inpatient and outpatient treatment programs with options such as behavioral therapy and medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
List Of Montgomery County, Ohio’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
The addiction recovery centers on this list have been selected based on their accreditation status, positive feedback, and other indicators of high-quality addiction treatment services.
1. BrightView, Dayton, Ohio
BrightView is a highly rated addiction treatment facility in Dayton, OH, that offers evidence-based outpatient services.
Treatment options include:
- dual diagnosis treatment
- telehealth services
- an intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- general outpatient treatment
This rehab center accepts Medicare, Medicaid, military insurance, private health insurance, state financed health insurance plans other than Medicaid, and self-payment.
An overview of this facility’s services and accolades includes:
- listed with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- accredited by The Joint Commission
- certified by LegitScript
- a 4.6-star rating on Google
- walk-ins accepted until 3 p.m.
Location and contact information:
8120 Garnet Dr.
Dayton, OH 45458
Get Started On The Road To Recovery.
Get Confidential Help 24/7. Call Today!(844) 616-3400
2. Dayton Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center, Dayton, Ohio
The Dayton VA Medical Center offers current and former military members inpatient and outpatient addiction recovery programs.
Group therapy and MAT are available, along with other health and wellness services such as acupuncture and primary care.
This facility accepts many forms of health insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid, military insurance, and private health insurance.
Substance use disorder services at this facility are backed by:
- a 3.9-star rating on Google
- accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- accreditation by The Joint Commission
- a listing with SAMHSA
- certification as a SAMHSA-approved opioid treatment program (OTP)
Location and contact information:
4100 W. Third St.
Dayton, OH 45428
3. WoodHaven, Dayton, Ohio
WoodHaven offers many levels of care, including 24-hour residential addiction treatment and outpatient options.
Treatment plans here may include:
- case management
- housing services
- crisis care
- addiction services for family members
- gym access
The facility accepts insurance such as Medicaid, private health insurance, and self-payment.
WoodHaven is a state-licensed facility with further backing from:
- CARF accreditation
- LegitScript certification
- an affiliation with SAMHSA
- a 3.8-star rating on Google
Location and contact information:
1 Elizabeth Pl.
Dayton, OH 45417
Types Of Substance Abuse Treatment At The Top Rehab Centers In Montgomery County, Ohio
Though there was a slight increase in drug overdoses in 2020, Montgomery County has seen a drop in the number of people who have died from overdoses since its high of over 500 people in 2017.
The best protection against a fatal overdose is addiction treatment.
Recovery services at alcohol and drug rehab centers in Montgomery County may include:
- customized treatment options for alcohol and drug abuse
- MAT with medications such as methadone and buprenorphine for chemical dependency
- peer support groups such as Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- behavioral health services including group therapy
- dual diagnosis treatment for a co-occurring disorder
- medical detox
- residential treatment
- case management and referrals to community services
- sober living options
- individualized treatment plans
- connection with other healthcare providers
- outpatient treatment programs for alcohol and drug addiction, such as partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- crisis support and helplines
- relapse prevention
There are many different choices for treatment, and choosing the right program will depend upon your or your loved one’s specific situation.
Inpatient programs offer structure and a place to focus on recovery. Outpatient treatment is ideal for people with less intensive treatment needs or those who require flexibility due to their schedules.
Outpatient treatment may also be more affordable. However, there are rehab centers that offer free addiction treatment in Ohio, and others that offer additional payment assistance options.
Tips For Choosing Drug And Alcohol Addiction Treatment In Montgomery County, Ohio
In addition to ensuring that the rehab center can meet your treatment needs, there are other factors to consider when choosing an addiction rehab program.
This includes accreditation status, positive reviews from past clients or family members, and staff licensure and certification.
Other things to keep in mind are whether the facility takes your health insurance plan and what coverage is provided.
Consider these factors when choosing an alcohol and drug treatment center for yourself or your loved one in Montgomery County, OH:
- accreditation from agencies such as CARF or The Joint Commission
- positive client feedback, including high Google ratings and testimonials of success
- the ability to meet your treatment and scheduling needs
- licensed and certified healthcare team, including addiction therapists or counselors
Any treatment center that you are interested in will be happy to speak with you about their approaches to treatment and answer any questions you may have.
FAQs About Montgomery County, Ohio, Alcohol And Drug Treatment Centers
The following are some frequently asked questions regarding addiction treatment in Montgomery County, OH.
Is Outpatient Treatment Available At Every Rehab Center In Montgomery County, Ohio?
Not every addiction rehabilitation center provides outpatient treatment in Ohio, but some do, including in Montgomery County.
Some focus solely on inpatient treatment services, with clients staying onsite and receiving 24/7 care. You can usually find levels of care included on a rehab center’s website.
Do Rehab Facilities In Montgomery County, Ohio, Accept Medicaid Insurance?
Many addiction treatment centers accept Ohio Medicaid for drug and alcohol rehab, including some in Montgomery County.
Medicaid is the largest health insurance provider in the U.S., with more than 85 million people enrolled as of December 2022.
Can I Receive Dual Diagnosis Treatment At All Rehab Centers In Montgomery County, Ohio?
You can find dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders at some Montgomery County drug and alcohol treatment centers, but not all.
Dual diagnosis treatment, which involves the treatment of both addiction and the co-occurring disorder at the same time, gives people the best opportunity to achieve long-term sobriety.
Recover From Addiction Today
Addiction doesn’t need to write the end to your story. Call us today and begin your journey of sobriety.
Cities In And Around Montgomery County, Ohio:
Published on April 18, 2023
Addiction Resource aims to provide only the most current, accurate information in regards to addiction and addiction treatment, which means we only reference the most credible sources available.
These include peer-reviewed journals, government entities and academic institutions, and leaders in addiction healthcare and advocacy. Learn more about how we safeguard our content by viewing our editorial policy.
- Montgomery County Indicators — Accidental Drug Overdose Deaths Of Montgomery County Residents
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Find Treatment and Helplines
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Grants